Sunday, 6 January 2013

2013 - the year of art and fabulousness!


I’ve been thinking about what I’d like to focus on for 2013 and have set some ideas to paper (I figure if they are set to paper they are changeable, not like being set in stone, lol).  I’ve been pondering all areas of my life, but my art and personal development is appropriate to my blog.

What direction would I like for my scrapbooking and art this year?  I know for sure that I want to do more in 2013 than I have been over the last couple of years.  I enjoy it so much and I need to dedicate more time to creating; to put it higher on the priority list.

How do I want to document my year? Options include Project Life, Project 12, and of course regular scrapbooking.  I haven’t made a final decision yet, but am leaning towards Project 12 (making a two page layout with photos and details from the month) in my regular scrapbook album style, with additional pages as time and inspiration take me. 

OLW – I don’t think I’ll participate in the class this time round, but will be looking at choosing a focus word which I’ll use to direct a lot of my art for the year. 

Altered Book Club – love being involved with Kathleen and the girls at NZ Scrapbook for ATC’s or other altered projects or just to talk and get inspiration.

Mini albums – I’d like to do more of these and am currently part way through a holiday mini.  Not specifically Christmas themed, but based a little on the lines of December Daily.  Mine is just a peek at the things I’ve done during my three week holiday (progress below).


I love Gala Darling and her blog, and have borrowed a few resolutions from her.  Gala’s original post is here.  Below are my versions of her resolutions.  Thanks Gala!

Be fabulous…

Wear my favourite things until they are totally worn out and don’t worry about saving them for a “special occasion”.  Add colour and sparkle to my wardrobe.  Paint my nails more often.  Dress my space so that it is more “me” as well as a perfect place to rest and be awesome.  Celebrate everything and nothing.

Worship my own temple…

Eat smart, nutritious food.  Make the effort to sweat on a regular basis.  LivFit Lean.  Get a massage occasionally. 

Simplify…

Think before I purchase.  Sell or donate anything I don’t wear.  Tame that wardrobe.  Unsubscribe from blogs I don’t read and delete emails on a regular basis.  Remove distractions.

Make art…

Carve out non-negotiable time to work on my art.  Set some goals.  Try new techniques.  Host an artsy weekend retreat with my friends.

Have you made any goals yet for 2013?   Please share x

No comments: