Monday, 17 January 2011

Crusades - GPP Street Team

In December I came across Michelle's Crusades via Kathleen's blog. Although I didn't get anything uploaded for Crusade 46 (What's Your Hang-up?) I did manage to make some presents for friends this Christmas.


Crusade 47 (It's A Wrap) is about evidence journalling. Documenting the wrapping paper scraps that are left over from the holidays. I used this as a page in my journal, recording the gifts I gave to my work colleagues this year - homemade coconut ice presented in paper cones made from my scrapping supplies. I created a pocket on my page with the scraps of paper, trim and other supplies that I used to create the cones. In the pocket I included a photo of the cones, a journalling card, along with a copy of the Crusade details.

The journal page

The close up

The cones. I found the idea for the cones in Somerset Studio Nov/Dec issue (Melissa Baskette pg 106) and just adapted it slightly to work with the supplies I had on hand.

The coconut ice - yummy!

I have been re-arranging, tidying up and sorting out my art corner and it's inspiring me to create more........ so that's what I'm doing :-)

11 comments:

michelle ward said...

Lara - thanks for coming to play with us! Welcome to the team. Fab pages!! Love how you provided evidence in several formats: some storytelling with words, proof with photos, and wrapping scraps! Very nice! And fun gift idea too.

Lara said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Michelle, and for your comments. I look forward to playing along again soon!

K J D said...

I love what you have documented here and that coconut ice looks yummy!

Karen

goudenregen said...

Lovely those cones. Beautyful pages with all your Christmas evidence.

Lara said...

Thanks Karen and Helen for your comments!

jgr said...

Hi Lara,
Your pieces are great! I especially like the cones, the colors are lovely.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful evidence!

Jilly Geraghty-Groves said...

Oh these are fabulous!!!! Clever girl!
xxxJ

Michelle said...

Great layouts - love the pocket!

linda said...

Visiting all the crusaders and wow- fabulous work!

TJ said...

Wow cool. I wish I worked with you! How lucky are your co-workers...?! Great holiday evidence. It's fun to see what all the Crusaders have been up to. Best wishes from germany, tj